Man escapes California house fire
A 77-year-old man escaped uninjured from his burning California home during an early morning fire today.
Terbenie Ghooray was forced to leave his home at 37 Third St. through an upstairs window because heavy smoke inside the residence filled a hallway to the stairs, California police said.
California firefighters were able to contain the blaze to one room in the house after they were called at 2:36 a.m., police said.
Police said investigators have ruled the fire accidental and determined the cause was electrical. Investigators did not say how badly the house was damaged.
- 1Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 2'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 3Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
- 4Area native helps treat Ebola patients in Liberia | Observer-Reporter
- 5Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union