Make children the first priority
I was very dismayed to read about the school districts deciding not to continue to help fund their public libraries.
I visit many libraries in the area and they are always full of adults and lots of children. Education is the business of school districts. How can they not support the other enterprise in their area that will help their schools and student test scores? We can’t lose these valuable resources for our children.
Yes, the schools have libraries, but they can’t do what the public libraries can do for children. Libraries are an important part of learning for our children, and they should be our first priority.
- 1Truck driver injured in Carroll Township tanker crash | Observer-Reporter
- 2Woman sentenced for harboring man who later pleaded guilty in McNerney homicide | Observer-Reporter
- 3Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5Area native helps treat Ebola patients in Liberia | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union