Train strikes, kills person near Philly
SHARON HILL (AP) – A person has died after being struck by an Amtrak train in the Philadelphia suburbs.
Officials said that at about 4:45 p.m. Wednesday an Amtrak Acela Express struck an unidentified person who was on the tracks near the Sharon Hill train station.
No injuries were reported to the train’s crew members or to the 270 passengers on board.
Amtrak service from Philadelphia to Wilmington was running behind schedule after the crash, and SEPTA temporarily suspended service on its Wilmington-Newark line as police investigated.
- 1Funeral director´s license revoked | Observer-Reporter
- 2Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 3Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 4North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 5Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union