Autopsy may help identify body found in landfill
GROVE CITY, Pa. (AP) — Police were hoping an autopsy would help them identify the body of a young woman dumped in a western Pennsylvania landfill.
The woman’s body was found Wednesday afternoon at Tri-County Industries Inc. in Pine Township, Mercer County. That’s near Grove City, about 45 miles north of Pittsburgh.
State police Trooper Dan Kesten says investigators believe the body was dumped in the landfill by one of the company’s trucks, which collect trash from various parts of northwestern Pennsylvania and northeastern Ohio. Police believe that happened sometime between midnight and 3 p.m. Wednesday, when the body was found.
Police are also reviewing missing persons cases in the areas served by the trash hauler.
The remains are believed to be those of a white woman between 16 and 25 years old.
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4Family's dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris "deflate-gate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union