WVU President Gee continues road show
BECKLEY, W.Va. (AP) – West Virginia University President E. Gordon Gee is on the road, part of his statewide 55-county tour.
Thursday, Gee made stops in Raleigh, Mercer and Summers counties. He met with WVU alumni and local business leaders. He traveled with the musket-packing Mountaineer mascot, Michael Garcia.
Gee says he’s seen many changes at WVU since he left the university three decades ago during his first stint as president. He says the land-grant university expanded its profile to a player on the world stage.
The Register Herald reports that Gee says the university now has students from 110 countries speaking 100 different languages.
Gee also stressed the importance of keeping the state’s young people in West Virginia.
Gee said he has visited 31 counties. The tour ends in August.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Sarris Candies displays "deflate-gate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 2Three sentenced in county court | Observer-Reporter
- 3Bentleyville McDonald's manager receives top award | Observer-Reporter
- 4Chartiers couple receives letter requesting nearly $16,000 in back taxes | Observer-Reporter
- 5`Skate & Dance´ events planned at Mon View Rink | Observer-Reporter