Motorcyclist dies in North Franklin crash
A 22-year-old motorcyclist died of injuries sustained in a two-vehicle crash in North Franklin Township Friday morning.
Michael Lukan of Midway died at 1:27 p.m. at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, where he was flown by medical helicopter. The Allegheny County Medical Examiners office listed the cause of death as blunt force trauma to the trunk and extremities.
North Franklin police said witnesses to the 11:49 a.m. accident reported the motorcyclist was heading north on Park Avenue at high speed approaching Scenic Drive, when he collided with a southbound vehicle making a left turn.
Police said a female passenger in the other vehicle refused treatment for a hand injury.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 2Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 5Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter