Florence snaps Wild Things win streak
A three-run second inning sparked the Florence Freedom to a 5-3 victory over Washington Friday night in front of 3,099 fans at UC Health Stadium, snapping a three-game winning streak by the Wild Things.
Michael Wilson began the outburst in the second with a single and moved to second on a single by Ryan Solberg. Cole Miles singled in Wilson and Solberg scored when the throw by right fielder Stewart Ijames got away for an error. Zak Blair knocked in Miles with a single.
Washington cut the deficit to 3-2 in the fourth when Carter Bell smacked a two-out double and scored on a home run by Maxx Garrett.
Sam Eberly got one of the runs back with a solo home run in the fifth and Solberg’s RBI-double made it 5-2 in the sixth.
Washington pushed a run across in the ninth on a single by Bell that scored Ijames. But Florence reliver Jorge Marban struck out Conner Lewis to end the game.
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 3Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5Family's dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union