Authorities: Motorcycle rider killed in Ohio crash
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Authorities said a passenger on a motorcycle was killed in a crash involving a pickup truck in central Ohio.
Franklin County Sheriff Zach Scott says the truck driver failed to yield at a U.S. 40 intersection in Prairie Township west of Columbus shortly after noon Saturday, causing the motorcycle to lose control. Scott says 38-year-old Lena Clark, of Galloway, was pronounced dead at a hospital. Authorities didn’t release the name or condition of the motorcycle driver.
Scott said the truck driver fled. But the sheriff said deputies later arrested 58-year-old Rex Hamilton, of Galloway, on hit-skip and tampering with evidence charges. Scott said Hamilton told deputies he didn’t see the motorcycle at the stop sign.
It wasn’t immediately known whether Hamilton had an attorney.
Scott said the investigation is continuing.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Three sentenced in county court | Observer-Reporter
- 2Protecting history from I-70 construction at Bentleyville | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflate-gate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4News, Sports, Events, & Community
- 5DA turns over $100K from forfeitures to county general fund | Observer-Reporter