Woman jumps from car on way to psychiatric center
CLARION (AP) – Authorities are searching for a woman with emotional problems who jumped from a car that was travelling at high speed on a highway.
The Centre Daily Times reports that 37-year-old Susan L. Bachman jumped from the car on Interstate Highway 80, between DuBois and Clarion. Her family says they were taking Bachman for a voluntary commitment to the Clarion Psychiatric Center. The car was reportedly traveling at about 50 mph when she jumped.
Bachman reportedly got up and ran. Police called in search dogs and helicopters but so far have only found her wallet and cellphone in a barn.
A mental health warrant has been issued for Bachman, and her family has created a website to help efforts to find her.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 2Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 3Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 4Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter