“Redskins” controversy not worth time, money
Your June 22 editorial regarding the Washington Redskins controversy, “Time for Name Change” is interesting. However, I don’t follow your line of reasoning. How do you define and support the statement, “the name Redskin is clearly a denigrating term to a sizeable contingent of Americans...”
Did you poll a sizeable contingent of Seminoles and Navajos to support your statement? I think not.
The issue of changing the name of the Washington Redskins isn’t worth the time and money spent by the federal government.
George J. Culp
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 2Offender pleads guilty to squatting inside vacant home | Observer-Reporter
- 3Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 4Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 5Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter