Blogger: Sheriff aimed gun at him during rant
BEAVER, Pa. (AP) — A news blogger says a western Pennsylvania sheriff pointed a gun at him and threatened to “blow (his) brains out” during an interview about whether the sheriff violated rules about how deputies’ uniforms were put out to bid.
Lee Rothman, the attorney for Beaver County Sheriff George David says the accuser’s version of events is “fantastical, bizarre.”
David’s trial began Monday on charges that he threatened John Paul Vranesevich, who runs the Beaver Countian website, with a gun and a blackjack during an April 2012 meeting in the sheriff’s office.
State prosecutors contend David then threatened two deputies into lying to protect him. One allegedly witnessed David’s actions with the blogger while the other witnessed David’s actions toward a political campaign worker on a different occasion.
Testimony was scheduled to continue Tuesday.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Washington's Got Talent - Observer-Reporter
- 4Gibbs retiring as Washington County clerk of courts | Observer-Reporter
- 5Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union