Poland Mines fire ruled accidental

  • July 11, 2014

A state police fire marshal ruled the cause of a fire July 7 at a duplex at 117 Allison Avenue in the Poland Mines area of Dilliner as accidental.

The fire started in the house occupied by Jim Hixon, 39, and his sons, Lakota, 15, and Kaleb, 13, who were not at home when fire broke out shortly after 9 a.m. The other half of the duplex was vacant.

Greensboro/Monongahela Township Fire Chief Gary Drew said the contents in the rented half were a total loss. The other side sustained water and smoke damage.

Police said the house is owned by Barrett Bock of Pataskla, Ohio. Damage was estimated at $30,000.


blog comments powered by Disqus

Tighter security at Beth-Center, Frazier football game after threat

Hickory man killed in motorcycle wreck after fleeing police

Environmental group files federal lawsuit against Monessen coke plant

City Council clashes over contract

Washington police seek wallet thief

Sen. Casey: Contain expected increases in Medicare-related costs next year

Boroughs association to meet

Blessing of the animals service planned

Houston Pumpkin Festival kicks off 32nd year

Former Avella man accused of assaulting sheriff’s deputy