Poland Mines fire ruled accidental
A state police fire marshal ruled the cause of a fire July 7 at a duplex at 117 Allison Avenue in the Poland Mines area of Dilliner as accidental.
The fire started in the house occupied by Jim Hixon, 39, and his sons, Lakota, 15, and Kaleb, 13, who were not at home when fire broke out shortly after 9 a.m. The other half of the duplex was vacant.
Greensboro/Monongahela Township Fire Chief Gary Drew said the contents in the rented half were a total loss. The other side sustained water and smoke damage.
Police said the house is owned by Barrett Bock of Pataskla, Ohio. Damage was estimated at $30,000.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 4Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 5MMVCT to hold Oscar FunRaiser | Observer-Reporter