Bandits walk-off to top Rebellion
CHICAGO – Megan Wiggins led off the bottom of the ninth inning with a triple and scored one batter later on a sacrifice fly by Kristen Butler as Chicago won its second one-run game in a row over the Rebellion, 3-2, in a National Pro Fastpitch game Friday.
Chicago took a 1-0 lead in the bottom of the fourth inning when Amber Patton drove in a run on a fielder’s choice. Pennsylvania (5-19) answered in the fifth inning when Bianca Mejia hit a two-out, two-run home run to give the Rebellion the lead.
Emily Allard led off the bottom of the seventh for the Bandits (15-9) with a single and Danielle Zymkowitz reached on a fielding error.
Wiggins, who went 2-for-4, knocked in the game-tying run with a single to center field. The Rebellion’s lone hit in extra inning came from Samie Garcia - a single to lead-off the ninth - but Chicago recorded three straight outs.
Wiggins hit the second pitch of the bottom of the ninth for a triple and scored three pitches later.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 2Petty earns credit for Smith´s `Stay With Me´ | Observer-Reporter
- 3Rooney: LeBeau´s role would have changed with Steelers | Observer-Reporter
- 4Bigger contract awaits Big Ben | Observer-Reporter
- 5Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter