Rebellion drop third straight in Chicago
CHICAGO – Tammy Williams drove in three runs and Andrea Williamson struck out six as Chicago defeated the Rebellion, 6-3, in a National Pro Fastpitch game Saturday.
The Bandits (16-9) struck first in the bottom of the firstwhen Megan Wiggins hit a one-out RBI single and Williams followed with a two-run single. Chicago added to its lead two innings later when Wiggins scored on a sacrifice fly by Brittany Cervantes.
The Rebellion (5-20) loaded the bases in the fourth on an error and two walks. With one out, Lauren Lappin scored on a passed ball and a sacrifice fly by Jenn Salling drew Pennsylvnia to within two. Briana Hamilton led off the fifth with a solo home run, but Chicago added one run in the fifth and sixth to clinch the victory.
The two teams wrap up the four-game series today at 3:05 p.m.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
- 2Three sentenced in county court | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflate-gate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4Bentleyville McDonald's manager receives top award | Observer-Reporter
- 5News, Sports, Events, & Community