Rebellion fall in 10 innings
CHICAGO – Amber Patton scored from third base when a ground ball by Danielle Zymkowitz could not be handled cleanly by Briana Hamilton at third base to lift Chicago to a 6-5 victory in 10 innings over the Pennsylvania Rebellion Sunday in a National Pro Fastpitch game.
With the game in the 10th inning, the International tiebreaker went into effect, placing a runner on second base to start the inning.
Pennsylvania (5-21) was unable to score in the top of the inning, but in the bottom of the inning, Patton was sacrificed to third by Emily Allard, who had four hits in the game, and scored on Zymkowitz’ ground ball.
Taylor Edwards hit a grand slam in the top of the sixth for the Rebellion, while Lauren Lappin, Bianca Meija and Mandy Ogle all had two hits each.
Brittany Cervantes homered for Chicago, which improved to 17-9.
Monica Abbott earned the victory, while Angel Bunner took the loss.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 2Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 3Mystery Photo No. 80 | Observer-Reporter
- 4Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 5A new party, built on piles of cash | Observer-Reporter