Pittsburgh man sentenced to prison on sex charges
A Pittsburgh man will spend the next 7 1/2 to 15 years in prison after he was convicted of sexual assault and a related charge.
Michael Joseph Grove, 30, was sentenced by Washington County Judge John F. DiSalle July 3. Grove was convicted last December of sexual assault and indecent assault by forcible compulsion.
Grove was accused of assaulting an 18-year-old woman in April 2012 at a home on Second Street in California.
DiSalle sentenced Grove to 5 to 10 years in prison for sexual assault and 2 1/2 to 5 years in prison for indecent assault. The sentences are to run consecutively. Grove also was ordered to register under Megan’s Law as a lifetime sexual offender and to pay the victim $5,459.84 in restitution. He is to have no contact with the victim and is not permitted to visit the California University of Pennsylvania campus.
- 1Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 2Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Family's dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union