Shots fired in Nemacolin
CARMICHAELS – Cumberland Township police officers were called to investigate a report of shots being fired shortly after 8 p.m. Tuesday near Nemacolin.
Charges will be filed against Joseph McKenzie, 29, of Sara Lane, Carmichaels, according to police. McKenzie was seen by a passing motorist walking along Nemacolin Road carrying a handgun and then allegedly firing it into the air and into the ground, police said. At least three shell casings were recovered from the area where the witness told police McKenzie was shooting, according to Cumberland Township Police Chief Craig Miller.
There were conflicting reports regarding McKenzie running into the nearby woods and the investigation into the incident is ongoing, said Miller.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 2Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 5Vulcans honor Clark, beat Slippery Rock | Observer-Reporter