New search unsuccessful for girl missing since ’85
CABOT (AP) – A search this week of a property in Western Pennsylvania came up empty in the latest effort to find 8-year-old Cherrie Mahan, who disappeared in 1985.
Pennsylvania State Police and a team from the Mercyhurst University Archaeological Institute this week searched a property in Butler County.
Police say the continued investigation and interviews led to the searches. They brought search dogs to the property, and the Mercyhurst team excavated part of it.
Cherrie Mahan was last seen by a motorist as she stepped off a school bus near her home in Cabot, about 25 miles northeast of Pittsburgh, on Feb. 22, 1985.
Later that year, she was featured on the first “Have You Seen Me?” mailings by Advo Inc.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Sarris Candies displays "deflate-gate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 2Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
- 3Three sentenced in county court | Observer-Reporter
- 4Chartiers couple receives letter requesting nearly $16,000 in back taxes | Observer-Reporter
- 5Construction to begin on Southern Beltway corridor | Observer-Reporter