Charleroi woman escapes burning home

  • July 22, 2014

A woman escaped her burning Charleroi home uninjured Tuesday afternoon.

Crews were called to the house fire at 501 Meadow Ave. Rear, at the intersection of Blythe and Fifth streets, about 4:15 p.m. and found the attic engulfed in flames, borough firefighters said.

Crews were able to control the fire, containing it to the attic, although the other levels of the house suffered water and smoke damage.

No injuries were reported. A state fire marshal was called to investigate. The fire is not considered suspicious.


blog comments powered by Disqus

Washington City Mission serves residents on Thanksgiving

Peters students to return to classes today

Cleveland man arraigned for child sex assault

Monongahela proposes 2-mill tax increase

Father sues over daughter’s choking death

Peters Council approves improvements to Lutes Road

Meeting recap

Fires destroy two houses in Cecil Township

John F. Kennedy preschoolers celebrate Thanksgiving Charlie Brown style

Pint-sized Pilgrims