Charleroi woman arrested on marijuana charges
A Charleroi woman was arrested Monday afternoon after Charleroi Regional police, said they spotted suspected marijuana plants growing on her porch.
Police said Shanea M. Messinger, 30, of 1205 McKean Ave., was found on her porch, lying next to two pots. The plants were torn up and strewn around Messinger.
Police said that earlier in the day, they had seen the plants blooming in the pots on the porch. They obtained a search warrant from District Judge Larry Hopkins and returned to her house. Police said they also found drug paraphernalia, including a metal grinder and suspected marijuana seeds.
Police said Messinger admitted she tended to the plants and had been watering them when she heard police coming. She then tried to destroy the plants, police said.
Messinger was arraigned before District Judge Gary Havelka on charges of possession and possession with intent to deliver marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and tampering with evidence.
She was placed in Washington County jail on $20,000 bond. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for July 31 before Hopkins.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
- 2Petty earns credit for Smith´s `Stay With Me´ | Observer-Reporter
- 3Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 4Protecting history from I-70 construction at Bentleyville | Observer-Reporter
- 5West Pike Run man shot during robbery | Observer-Reporter