Centerville man waives hearing on sexual assault charges
A Centerville man accused of sexually assaulting a young girl waived his case to court Wednesday.
Walter Lutes, 52, of 107 National Ave., had been scheduled for a preliminary hearing before District Judge Ethan Ward on charges of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, sexual assault, indecent assault and corruption of minors.
The girl, in a forensic interview with Centerville police and a Children and Youth Services caseworker, alleged that Lutes had inappropriate contact with her between spring break and Thanksgiving in 2013.
Ward reduced Lutes’ bond from $100,000 to $25,000. If Lutes is released from Washington County jail, he is not to have any contact with the alleged victim or any other children.
- 1`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 2Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 3Washington County sheriff´s deputy charged with DUI | Observer-Reporter
- 4Drugs, suspected explosive device seized in Canonsburg | Observer-Reporter
- 5Cal U. student dies | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union