Police investigate student found on dormitory roof
PITTSBURGH (AP) – Pittsburgh police are trying to figure out how a 23-year-old student wound up injured on the roof of a Carnegie Mellon University dormitory.
Police spokeswoman Sonya Toler says the woman, whose name isn’t being released, was first seen on a lower roof of Webster Hall about 3 a.m. Tuesday. The dormitory has several levels and police say it appears the woman fell onto the roof because she was hospitalized with two broken ankles and a back injury.
The student who saw the woman didn’t report it immediately, but did when he again saw the woman lying in the same spot more than five hours later.
Police believe the woman may have suffered some sort of medical problem before she fell. But they’re investigating to make sure she didn’t jump or wasn’t pushed before falling.
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 4Family's dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
- 5Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union