Man’s body recovered after Pa. tavern fire
BLAIRSVILLE (AP) – Authorities have identified a customer killed in a fire that destroyed a restaurant and lounge in western Pennsylvania and damaged neighboring structures.
The Indiana County coroner’s office said the body of 68-year-old Paul Tressler of Blairsville was found Thursday in the remains of Sharon’s Restaurant and Lounge in Blairsville, about 50 miles east of Pittsburgh.
Police and the coroner’s office said Tressler was in the tavern when the fire started shortly after 10:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Fire investigators haven’t confirmed the cause of the blaze, but the coroner’s report said people inside the bar said the business was closing when a deep fryer overheated and boiled over. The flames also spread to a neighboring business and an apartment building.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Washington County sheriff´s deputy charged with DUI | Observer-Reporter
- 2Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4Local manager gets top McDonald´s award | Observer-Reporter
- 5Rooney: LeBeau´s role would have changed with Steelers | Observer-Reporter