Cops: Drunk woman tried to drive away police car
PITTSBURGH (AP) – Pittsburgh police said a drunken woman tried to drive away in an unmarked police car – with two officers still inside.
According to a criminal complaint, 32-year-old Ria Buford got into the car at about 2:15 a.m. Saturday outside a nightclub that was hosting a party after the Wiz Khalifa concert.
Police said she sat in the driver’s seat and told the two plainclothes officers in the back she intended to drive the vehicle to where her own was parked.
Police said Buford was arrested before she could drive anywhere. A man who intervened in her arrest was also charged.
Online court records don’t list an attorney for Buford. She faces a preliminary hearing Thursday on charges of robbery of a motor vehicle, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness.
- 1Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 2Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 3Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 4Eighty Fourīs Ross Farm included in "crowd-funded" Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 5Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union