Wild Things’ Marks is Pitcher of Week
Though the Wild Things have been in first place in the Frontier League’s East Division for the majority of the season they did not have a player receive one the league’s top weekly honors until Monday.
Washington right-hander Troy Marks was named the Frontier League Pitcher of the Week after compiling a 2-0 record and 0.63 ERA in two starts.
Marks pitched 14 1/3 innings and allowed only five hits and one run in wins over Evansville and the Frontier Greys. Marks had 20 strikeouts and walked only one batter during the week. He took a no-hitter into the seventh inning Saturday night against the Greys.
After joining the Wild Things July 23, Marks has made three starts, compiling a 3-0 record and 0.92 ERA.
The Normal CornBelters’ Sam Judah was named the Hitter of the Week after going 15-for-32 with three doubles, two home runs and eight RBI.
The Wild Things made one roster move Monday, placing left-handed pitcher Zach LeBarron on the 7-day disabled list. LeBarron (1-2, 4.50) has not pitched since July 28.
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Family's dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 5Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union