Independence Twp. brothers arrested
Two Independence Township brothers were arrested Monday by state police after the two reportedly got into a confrontation involving guns at their home.
Dalton L. Nelson, 20, and Donald Allen Nelson Jr., 23, both of 624 Mt. Hope Ridge Road, Claysville, are charged by state police with simple assault, reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct stemming from the incident.
State police were called to the home about 5:20 p.m. for a report of a domestic dispute between two brothers. Dalton Nelson had reportedly agreed to go to the store for his brother. Donald Nelson gave his brother $20 and keys to his truck.
State police said the two started to argue about who had the money. Donald Nelson reportedly took a gun out of his holster and threw it on the ground. Dalton Nelson allegedly ran into the house and came out the back door with a deer rifle.
The two were arguing when police arrived. Dalton Nelson had the rifle in his hands. Police said no shots were fired during the incident.
Both men were arraigned before District Judge Robert Redlinger. The brothers were released from Washington County jail Tuesday after they posted $5,000 bonds. A preliminary hearing is set for Aug. 20 before District Judge Ethan Ward.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 2Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 4Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 5Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter