Woman’s nephew charged in her fiance’s killing
CORAOPOLIS, Pa. (AP) — County police have charged the nephew of a Pittsburgh-area woman with fatally shooting her fiance’ during a jewelry robbery.
Online court records show 22-year-old Michael Lapaglia, of Sharpsburg, was awaiting arraignment Tuesday on charges of criminal homicide, burglary and robbery.
Police say Lapaglia shot 59-year-old John Parkes Jr. sometime after Parkes’ fiancee’ — the suspect’s aunt — left their home in Kennedy Township on July 21. That woman, Carol Lapaglia, found Parkes dead hours later.
Police say they were tipped off by a pawn shop where Michael Lapaglia allegedly tried to sell some stolen jewelry the day Parkes was killed. Police say the suspect’s aunt cried when they showed her pictures of the jewelry, which she identified as hers, Parkes’ or her mother’s.
Court records don’t list an attorney for Michael Lapaglia.
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Belford, J-M lock down spot in semifinals | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington police officer suspended without pay | Observer-Reporter
- 5Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union