Washington County Fair opens
ARDEN – The Washington County Fair opened this morning with the judging of the popular food contests and the lawn and garden tractor pull.
An estimated 50,000 people are expected to visit the fairgrounds through next Saturday. The $9 admission price covers the cost of fair rides and attractions. Tickets are $6 on discount days, which are today, Tuesday and Thursday. Admission is free today for firefighters with an ID, and senior citizens ages 62 and older can attend for free Monday. Children 12 and younger will receive free admission until 4 p.m. Friday.
The fair board decided to dedicate today to honoring firefighters. In addition to free admission, the board organized a fire truck parade, and attending firefighters have the option of competing in the Firefighter Challenge. The obstacle course will be held in the grandstand at 7:30 p.m.
Tomorrow’s fair events will include a performance from the Swon Brothers, a country band and former contestants on NBC’s “The Voice,” and fireworks.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 2Angel Ridge Animal Rescue cited for inhumane conditions | Observer-Reporter
- 3Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 4News, Sports, Events, & Community
- 5Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter