Chartiers arrest two on drug charges
Two men were arrested Thursday night by Chartiers Township police on drug charges following a traffic stop on Pike Street in Meadow Lands.
Arrested were Dezmick Matthews, 20, of 650 Barnickel St., Meadow Lands, and Louis Spinnewebber, 36, of 817 Hillcrest Drive, Canonsburg.
Township police spotted a vehicle turn left onto Pike from Racetrack Road, driving in the wrong lane about 9:45 p.m. As it continued, the vehicle was weaving. After stopping the vehicle near Barnickel Street, police identified Spinnewebber as the driver. Both men appeared nervous, police said.
Police spotted a stamp bag of suspected heroin and suspected marijuana on the floor near the passenger seat. Police were given permission to search the vehicle and found 13 stamp bags of heroin near the passenger seat.
Matthews initially identified himself as Dezmond Gooniez. Officers later learned his correct identity. He is currently on bond for other drug-related charges. Police found him with $510.
Matthews is charged with possession of heroin and false identification to police. Spinnewebber is charged with possession of heroin, reckless driving and driving on the wrong side of the road. Both were arraigned before District Judge Larry Hopkins and placed in Washington County jail on $25,000 bond.
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Family's dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
- 4Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 5Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union