Woman allegedly stole wine to see jailed boyfriend
CEDAR PARK, Texas (AP) – A Texas woman allegedly stole a bottle of $3.99 wine to get arrested and see her jailed boyfriend.
Alicia Walicke of Cedar Park was charged with misdemeanor theft and freed on $5,000 bond Friday. Williamson County jail records did not list an attorney for the woman.
Police said Walicke stole a bottle of wine from a gas station Wednesday. An arrest affidavit said police found the woman outside the business and drinking the wine. The affidavit said she told police she wanted to see her boyfriend, who was arrested hours earlier, and told them she wanted to go to jail.
Police in Cedar Park, 15 miles northwest of Austin, didn’t immediately identify the boyfriend or say whether the woman saw him.
Police didn’t immediately return messages Saturday.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 3Wild Thingsī Beatty a man of his words | Observer-Reporter
- 4Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 5Chamber hears update on phase 2 of Mariner Pipeline project | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union