Iggy Azalea falls off stage during pre-VMA show
LOS ANGELES (AP) – Iggy Azalea tumbled off the stage during an MTV Video Music Awards benefit concert, but she appeared unharmed and posted a video of the fall on social media.
The Australian rapper fell Friday night while performing her hit “Fancy” at The Avalon in Los Angeles. Security guards quickly pulled Azalea back onto the stage, and she barely missed a beat as Charli XCX joined her for the chart-topping single.
Afterward, Azalea told the crowd she felt “very blessed” she did not break her legs. There was no immediate word if she was injured.
Azalea appeared in good spirits, posting a video of the fall on Instagram. She wrote in the caption: “I know I laughed.”
Neither Azalea’s representatives nor MTV immediately responded to emails seeking comment.
Tori Kelly and Sam Smith also performed at the event benefiting Lifebeat – Music Fights HIV/AIDS.
Azalea is up for seven awards at the VMAs airing live today.
- 1Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 2Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 3Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 4Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 5Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union