Police: Mother shoots son in self-defense
PHILADELPHIA (AP) – A 78-year-old Philadelphia woman says she shot her son in self-defense after he threatened her.
Police say the shooting happened in the Germantown neighborhood at about 9 p.m. Friday. They arrived to find the 45-year-old man with a gunshot wound to the stomach.
The unidentified woman told police that her son appeared to be drunk and threatened to strangle her. She says he barged into her bedroom and pointed a gun at her, and that’s when she picked up her own handgun and returned fire.
The unidentified man was taken to an area hospital and is in stable condition.
Police say he will be charged with aggravated assault and other crimes.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 2Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 3Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 5Washington County sheriff´s deputy charged with DUI | Observer-Reporter