Harrisburg toddler drowns in pool
HARRISBURG (AP) – Police say a toddler who was found floating in a swimming pool near her Harrisburg-area home has died.
Swatara Township police Chief Jason Umberger says the 1 Harrisburg Patriot-News reports that the investigation is continuing, but it appears she wandered from a nearby home.
Police were initially called to the Chambers Hill Road area on a missing child report.
Umberger says the people at the home with the swimming pool found her, called 911 and attempted to perform CPR before emergency responders arrived. The girl was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.
Authorities are withholding the girl’s name while all family members are notified.
- 1Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 2Man arraigned in Monongahela rape case | Observer-Reporter
- 3Man found guilty in domestic violence case | Observer-Reporter
- 4Murder trial begins 35 years after 6-year-old vanished in N.Y. | Observer-Reporter
- 5Washington man killed in overnight shooting; second incident under investigation | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union