Carroll man wrecks on Route 136
A man was pulled from his burning car after he wrecked around a curve on Route 136 in Carroll Township Sunday evening.
Joseph Yunkun of 38 Orchard Ave., Carroll Township, was taken to Monongahela Valley Hospital with minor injuries about 6:45 p.m.
Observer-Reporter staff writer Scott Beveridge said he was driving east on Route 136 when Yunkun pulled out in front of him at the Fourth Street intersection without stopping. Beveridge said he told police Yunkun was speeding when he wrecked near Valley Inn Volunteer Fire Department.
Beveridge said the car quickly caught fire, and he pulled Yunkun from the wreckage. He said Yunkun was not moving, but regained consciousness by the time emergency responders arrived.
Another woman also assisted in the rescue and helped pull Yunkun further from the car, which had a propane tank inside, according to Yunkun.
The car was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived, but the propane tank did not explode.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 3Chamber hears update on phase 2 of Mariner Pipeline project | Observer-Reporter
- 4Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 5Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union