Route 844 crash snarls traffic
Traffic was backed up on Jefferson Avenue (Route 844) near the Canton Township-Washington city line Monday morning after a pickup truck crashed into the back of a tractor-trailer .
The rig had just pulled out of Ten Mile Paving on Commercial Drive about 6:45 a.m., turning left onto Jefferson in Canton, when the trailer slid off the back. The driver of the pickup truck, Jay Ruttencutter of Bloomingdale, Ohio, said he was unable to stop in time. He was checked at the scene by Washington Ambulance and Chair personnel for minor injuries.
State police said a mechanical failure caused the mishap. Police identified the truck driver as Shawn Kiefer of Ohio.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 4Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 5Three sentenced in county court | Observer-Reporter