Doctor describes injuries after school abduction
PHILADELPHIA (AP) – A child-abuse expert testified about the severe injuries a 5-year-old girl suffered after she was abducted from her Philadelphia classroom and sexually assaulted.
Former day care worker Christina Regusters is the only person on trial in the case.
The child was blindfolded during the overnight ordeal and believes that a man assaulted her. But prosecutors say Regusters merely told her that.
Dr. Cindy Christian, a child-abuse expert at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, testified Tuesday about the girl’s follow-up care.
She said the girl’s injuries were unusually severe and required surgery.
The young victim is expected to testify this week. Her family has sued the city over the January 2013 attack.
Prosecutors said the 21-year-old Regusters posed as the child’s mother in Muslim garb to take her out of class.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Even convicted killers have freedom of speech | Observer-Reporter
- 4Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 5Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter