Water line ruptures in Charleroi, damages street
The pipeline broke early Thursday morning on Fifth Street near Washington Avenue
A main water pipeline that broke in Charleroi early Thursday morning disrupted service for nearby residents and caused traffic problems through the borough.
Crews were able to repair the line and returned service to customers about 8 a.m., nearly seven hours after the pipeline broke beneath Fifth Street near Washington Avenue, borough Manager Donn Henderson said.
Workers continued to patch the roadway throughout the day and hoped the road would be fully reopened to traffic by Friday morning. Traffic was rerouted around the area while crews made repairs.
It was not known how many people were without water Thursday morning.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 3Gibbs retiring as Washington County clerk of courts | Observer-Reporter
- 4Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 5Local legislators optimistic about Wolf´s bipartisan promise | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union