Man from Pa. care home dies during lake outing
PORTERSVILLE (AP) – Authorities say a resident of a Western Pennsylvania care home died after being pulled from a lake at a state park.
Officials at Moraine State Park said the 52-year-old man was reported having trouble in the water at Lakeview Beach on the north shore of Lake Arthur at about 1:30 p.m. Thursday.
Park manager Dustin Drew said another visitor pulled the man from about three feet of water and others tried to revive him until medics arrived, but he was pronounced dead on the beach.
The Butler County coroner’s office is investigating.
Drew said the man and other residents of a care home in New Wilmington, Mercer County, were at the park for a picnic and swimming outing. His name wasn’t released pending notification of relatives.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 3Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 4Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 5Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union