Firefighters called to Monongahela highrise

  • August 31, 2014

Firefighters from Monongahela and Carroll Township along with the Bentleyville Rapid Intervention Team were called Sunday afternoon to Monongahela Manor, 401 W. Main St.

Fire Capt. Aaron Benney said a resident of a fourth floor apartment left a rag too close to the stove. Benney said there no fire but heavy smoke. The apartment was evacuated, but the resident returned once the smoke was cleared from the building.


blog comments powered by Disqus

E. Washington woman pitches ‘Pitsburgh Plaid’ to city council

Could this week’s Mystery Photo be the first day of school?

Vanishing ink: Removing unwanted tattoos is a growth industry

Washington, Waynesburg take part in Small Business Saturday

Changing of the guard at Brownson House

Black Friday still a big shopping event

South Strabane votes down bunk houses

Counties, fed up with state budget impasse, explore feasibility of withholding funds

Local housing authority’s policy predates federal ‘no smoking’ initiative

Washington County helps 2000 Turkeys finish strong, surpass goal