Shed burns in Monongahela

  • September 1, 2014

A malfunction in the electrical system of a lawn fire is being blamed for a fire that destroyed a shed at a home on East Main Street in Monongahela about 11:30 p.m.

Fire Capt. Aaron Benney said initial reports that propane tanks were present in the shed were unfounded.

Benney said there were no problems fighting the fire.

Assisting at the scene were Carroll Township firefighters and the Bentleyville Volunteer Fire Department Rapid Intervention Team.


blog comments powered by Disqus

South Strabane votes down bunk houses

Counties, fed up with state budget impasse, explore feasibility of withholding funds

Local housing authority’s policy predates federal ‘no smoking’ initiative

Washington County helps 2000 Turkeys finish strong, surpass goal

Motorists will have to detour around Cameron Road during closure

Washington Light Up Night and parade scheduled

Black Friday still a big shopping event

Santa display on track at Pennsylvania Trolley Museum

Attendance down when Peters Township students return to school following teachers strike

Washington City Mission serves residents on Thanksgiving