KATHMANDU, Nepal – Tens of thousands of people prepared to spend the night in the open under a chilly and thundery sky after a powerful earthquake shook Nepal Saturday, killing more than 1,180 people, collapsing modern houses and centuries-old temples, and triggering a landslide on the slopes of Mount Everest. Officials said the death toll will rise as more reports from far-flung areas...
DUFFIELD, Va. – In a warehouse in Virginia’s southwestern tip, a forklift stacks crates of cabbages and preserves onto a truck bound for a big-name grocer.
HOLMDEL, N.J. – With the Viet Cong making their final push toward taking Saigon in April 1975, the fate of thousands of Vietnamese orphans was uncertain until President Gerald Ford ordered remaining forces to evacuate the children.
- » West Greene approves $6.5 million retaining wall at new elementary school
- » A green day as W&J, high school students replace trees on campus
- » Law Day celebration planned
- » BotsIQ transforms Cal U.
- » Red Cross, FEMA getting out the word about fire safety
- » South Strabane police seek driver in suspected road rage
PHOENIX (AP) – Starling Marte singled home Neil Walker with two outs in the ninth inning, and the Pittsburgh Pirates edged...
- 16 hours ago
With the possible exception of the exhibitionists who populate reality TV, most people are inclined to hold the secrets of their...
- 1 days ago