Jim O’Kelly runs in ultra-marathons, any race longer than 26.219 miles. He prefers to train at Mingo Creek County Park near his Nottingham Township home, but his workouts are hampered by rutted trails that he shares with other park users: hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders and deer.
WAYNESBURG – In this season of giving, one doesn’t have to look very far to find those who are extending a hand to their fellow man. But, for some, good deeds aren’t reliant upon large holidays, like Easter or Christmas. These benevolent soles find sharing with those less fortunate feeds their spirit as much, if not more, than the spirit of those on the receiving end.
NEW YORK – New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio called Monday for a pause in protests over police conduct as he faced a widening rift with those in a grieving force who accuse him of creating a climate of mistrust that contributed to the execution of two officers.
- » Franklin supervisors adopt budget
- » Dr. Helen McCracken named director of graduate programs in education
- » Killer of 2 NYC officers had long criminal history
- » U.S. mulls putting N. Korea on terrorism sponsor list
- » U.S. coal mines nearing record low in worker deaths
- » 2 injured in McDonald car wash explosion
PITTSBURGH – The Steelers turned the tables on the Kansas City Chiefs.
- 1 days ago
President Obama and former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney didn’t agree on a whole lot during the 2012 presidential...
- 2 hours ago