The rally and march against the heroin problem in the Washington area came to an abrupt end Saturday afternoon before reaching its destination at the Eighth Ward playground in the West End when the organizer got word Washington police had responded to two heroin overdoses in that neighborhood.
OAK HARBOR, Ohio – Thick mats of algae spreading across western Lake Erie in recent weeks appear to be pushing one of the region’s most-prized sport fish to flee, forcing some charter boat captains to cancel trips. At least one told out-of-state visitors hoping to catch walleye to stay home for now.
NEW ORLEANS – Mississippi and Louisiana marked the 10th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina on Saturday by ringing church bells, laying wreaths and celebrating the resiliency of a region still recovering from a disaster that killed more than 1,800 people and caused $151 billion in damage.
- » Parkette property search continues
- » Waynesburg shopping promotion targets university students
- » Interim booking center at Washington County Jail deemed a success
- » Charleroi hosting business seminars
- » Woman found unresponsive on train tracks in Avella
- » Former Charleroi teachers union treasurer pleads guilty, sentenced
PITTSBURGH – Aramis Ramirez can’t really describe it but he can sense it, the feeling that permeates a clubhouse...
- 4 hours ago
If you vote in either Washington or Greene counties, particularly in an off-the-beaten path precinct in an off-year election,...
- 5 hours ago
In this podcast, Raymond Corcoran of Fredericktown talks about his post-traumatic stress disorder issues.Read More